Monday, August 5, 2013

Mudita Monday - Andrea Mayo

I may be biased.. I know that I have been gloating about those that are close to me and how happy I am for them because of different aspects in their lives...

Today is no different.  My little sister, Andrea, is an AMAZING person!!  For the last 6 years, she has been competing at national and international levels for biathlon (skiing and marksmanship).  After a knee injury and surgery where they actually had to take a ligament from her hip and put it in her knee...  it became evident that her competitive days were coming to an end.  Did that stop her though?  Oh hell no.  She has moved to Utah with her boyfriend (who is also a competitive athlete from Canada) and started going to school for massage therapy.  She was salutatorian of her high school class, and is not afraid to be her own person.  I've never met anyone as quirky, happy go lucky, passionate, and animated as my little sister.  Her happiness is all that matters.  I could not be more proud of the young adult she has become, and is continuing to grow into!  Andrea, I love you babygirl!  Keep up the hard work, and you will achieve anything and everything you set your eyes on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment