Sunday, December 22, 2013

Shoutout to Oberleigh Images


Dahlia
I had the opportunity to speak to Karen of Oberleigh Images recently.  She is a fellow Etsy Maine Team member and one helluva photographer!  I love the triptychs she has compiled!!  Below are her answers to some of the questions.  There are some serious inquiries... but also some silly/fun ones as well!  


Pelican Halo
Name: Karen Anderson 

Business Name:  Oberleigh Images 

Date Business Was Opened: October 1, 2013 on Etsy

Types of Items Offered: Nature & Floral Photo Wall Art – mounted, ready to hang in sets of three /triptychs



Why did you decide to open/start your own business?: Because all my friends told me to and I finally listened 
Butterflies Flutter By Nature

What is your inspiration?: Anything outdoors in nature. When I don’t have my camera I always regret it. I see photo opportunities all the time; when driving, shopping, walking, biking, hiking, skiing… I’m always looking!

What is your favorite item in your own shop? Oh so hard to decide! I’ll say Pelican Halo because of the serendipitous nature of how that photo came about. I was just walking on the beach in Florida and almost couldn’t get my camera out fast enough. I had no idea I captured the birds flying just as they were directly over the lifeguard stand until I reviewed the photos! And the fact that they appeared to be in a circle formation was just icing on the cake. 

What is one piece of advice you would give to someone looking into starting their own business? Don’t put it off for years like I did :o Just take a deep breath and dive in. You won’t regret it! 

Boardwalk Reflections

Social Media/Website links:
Facebook: www.facebook.com/oberleighimages
Etsy: www.etsy.com/shop/oberleighimages
Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/andersonkj/oberleigh-images-etsy-shop/

Fun Questions! 
Colorful Winter Sunset

Favorite Color: blue
 
Favorite Food: dessert 

Favorite Vacation Spot: Jungfrau region of Switzerland – for skiing! 

Favorite Book: Can’t say! I’ve read over 60 books just in the last 8 months! 

Favorite Movie: I’m a sucker for Love Actually 

Thanks for taking the time to do the interview Karen!  It's always GREAT learning more about not only a fellow artist, but also one of the amazing Etsy Maine Team members!  Best of luck in the coming months as you progress through your first year in business!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment