Saturday, March 8, 2014

Sunday Ceramics 1 - The Blogging Clay Community

Thanks to a clay acquaintance on Facebook, I stumbled across this awesome blog by Frogpondsrock, called Ceramic Sunday.  It's a way for us solitary potters and ceramic artists/sculptors to unite and get some of our "socializing" in.  It's a way to build a community that knows no boundaries. I decided to take the plunge and join in on the fun!

So what have I been doing this week?  LOTS OF GOODNESS!  Last month was rough.  I wasn't able to get in the studio but maybe 3 days.  Health kinda kicked my ass last month.  This month isn't starting off that great, but not horrible either.  My sleep schedule is all wonky. I'm awake throughout the night and sleep during the day.  *sigh*  

A few days ago, I started a "treasure box" for my niece. It's going to be a big surprise belated birthday present.  This is my first time doing relief tile carvings in clay. Needless to say...I LOVE IT!!!  For this being my first time, I'm pretty proud of the progress.  It's also lit some kind of creative fire because ideas just won't stop coming. I've been asked if I can dogs/pets, and I think I'm also going to make one with US Army images on it.  I plan on writing a post on the progression of the "Horse Treasure Box" as I am calling it, but I'll give ya'll a sneak peak here.  You can also follow the progression of the box on my Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment